Yesterday was a day of firsts at our house. The first thing that happened was Ruston caught his first Salmon! We are so blessed to live about 10 minutes away from the Puyallup River where about a million salmon head up river from August through September. Ruston left at noon and was home by 3:00 with 4 very large Salmon. Now for those of you in the know, he caught pinks. Because the twins were born this year, I knew it would be almost impossible for me to get out and catch anything, so Ruston made it part of birthday present to catch a salmon. This makes my birthday the best birthday ever!
The picture above shows the largest one that Ruston came home with. In the bottom right corner you can see Brooke's hands around another one (she's next to the neighbor boy).
Another first for the day was that I have officially started running again. I did go on one run a while back, but decided I wasn't ready yet. So yesterday was my official first run after having twins. I ran 2 miles, but I'm not going to mention how long it took me to accomplish this. All I'm going to say is that I only had to walk once for about 20 yards.
The last first for the day was that we bought our first real kitchen table. For the last 8 1/2 years we have either not had one, or used the most midget table you've ever seen that we bought in college for $40. When the twins were born and we had someone with us for about 3 months and there was no room at the table, not to mention one of the chairs didn't have a back, we decided it was time to do something about our pathetic table. Unfortunately at that time, we didn't have the time to do anything about it. This weekend we had the time, and the right thing came up on craig'slist for the right price and we bought it. We now have a nice dark brown, oak table with six very solid, very nice chairs. We've officially grown up!

3 comments:
Yeah for Salmon! And way to go Julie with the whole running thing. That's a motivation for me to get my butt in gear. I've been exercising but not consistently enough to have it actually make a difference with my body. I'll get there. And why didn't you put a picture of the table up??
Yay for growing up! And oh how I wish we had salmon like that--that is not $7.99 a pound... Jealous Jealous Jealous!
so where's the picture of the table? Did you eat the fish?
Post a Comment