Saturday, July 4, 2009

Josh's Birthday

On June 30, our little Joshua turned 3 years old. In the last couple of months he's been to several birthday parties, so when his turn came, he was so excited. He loved the streamers we had up downstairs, and the balloons, and everyone who ever asked him what he wanted for his birthday all got the same answer, a water gun. If you asked him what he was going to do with it, he also gave the same answer, spray BROOKE! Because he was so insistent on the water gun, we did finally gave in. Brooke gave him two water guns for his birthday. One for him to use and one for her to defend herself. To my utter amazement, there have been no fights, no crying and no arguing about them.






Josh was also set on having a monster truck cake, and this is what we came up with. The basis for the idea came out of a book we have for cut-up cakes, and then we added a few things. Needless to say, Josh thought it was the coolest thing ever, and when it was all said and done, I was pretty impressed with my craftiness.

3 comments:

Michelle Pack said...

Great looking cake! I am so impressed. I hope you got our card. We mailed it late...sorry!

Happy Birthday Josh!

Lisa said...

Awesome cake! I wish I could have ate some of it!!

Cam said...

Dude, that is the coolest cake EVER!