Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Beach House

It wasn't until I looked back at our blog that I realized we never even mentioned the best vacation of our lives that we went on this summer. Needless to say, I'm having an affair . . . with the Oregon Coast. It's so beautiful, and woodsy, and beachy, and . . . perfect. The kids had a blast. They were always busy having fun, and I don't think I ever heard anyone say, "I'm bored, there's nothing to do.
Back in December I found a beach house on VRBO.com, and then we found some friends who were interested in going to split the cost with us, and then at the end of July, off we went. And really, can you go wrong with a huge beach house four blocks from the beach, hot tub, pool table, Foosball table, fire pit, amazing food and great friends? Ya, did I mention we had fun? Here are some pics from our adventure.




Don't worry, it's a marshmallow on his lips. Should I mention that it was 10:30 in the am when we were already roasting marshmallows?


I think the crab survived his encounter with Brooke.




Luke enjoying the beach.


Josh loved the wake board, sadly though he never actually did more than stand on it and let the waves come to him.






1 comment:

Elder Richey said...

It really was the BEST vacation.